Effective Date: August 20 2020.
As almost every website, this site uses cookie technology.
By continuing to browse the site, you agree to the use of our cookies.
Usage of Cookies at The Humans of HR
Definition of a Cookie
A cookie is a type of digital tag that comes in the form of a text file, often encrypted, and is stored on your browser.
Cookies are created when a user’s browser loads a given website: the site sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the website server. The website can therefore detect that it has already been opened using this browser.
A cookie will usually contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come from, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. A “session” cookie is deleted when you close your web browser. Some cookies are extremely useful as they improve your user experience when you visit a website that you have already visited before. This assumes that you are using the same device and browser as before and if this is the case, the cookies will remember your preferences.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
Some cookies are necessary for the website to function properly and cannot be switched off by The Humans of HR. They are only set in response to actions made by you such as setting your privacy preferences. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. Necessary cookies cannot be disabled via the features of this website.
You can, however, disable cookies in your browser at any time.
There are cookies that are not essential for the use of this website but provide visitors with essential features. Without non-essential cookies, access to certain features that improve the ease of browsing, such as choice of language and pre-filled forms is no longer possible. Additionally, we will no longer be able to propose personalised offers.
Third Party Cookies
Types of Cookies
Several types of cookies with different purposes can be identified:
- Technical: Technical cookies are used throughout your browsing experience to facilitate it and perform certain functions. For example, a technical cookie can be used to store the answers provided in a form or the user’s preferences regarding the language or presentation of a website, when such options are available.
- Audience measurement: Audience measurement cookies are used to measure the audience of the content viewed in order to allow the evaluation of published content and assess the effectiveness of editorial choices.
- Social networks: Cookies that are placed via social network buttons are intended to allow site users to facilitate content sharing and improve usability.
- Videos: Cookies placed via video sharing services are intended to allow the user to view the multi-media content directly on the site.
- Targeted advertising: These cookies record visits, pages viewed and links followed by the user. Advertising cookies can be created not only by the website on which the user navigates, but also by other websites displaying ads, announcements, widgets or other material on the page being displayed. Such cookies may in particular be used to carry out targeted advertising, i.e. advertising determined according to the user’s browsing history.
Duration of Cookies
The cookies and tracking devices used do not have a lifetime of more than thirteen months and this duration is not automatically extended during new visits. The information collected through the tracking devices is stored for a maximum period of twenty-five months.
Enabling & Disabling Cookies